Fishing Charters in Texas
Johnston's Deep Sea Fishing offers easy access to the beautiful blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
We’re berthed in Freeport, TX and have been taking folks from Houston, Lake Jackson, Clute, Surfside, Sweeny, West Columbia, Galveston, Pearland and the surrounding areas on fishing expeditions since 1972.
Freeport offshore fishing is legendary for red snapper, and it’s no doubt that Freeport offers some of the best fishing on the Texas Coast.
We fish weed lines, oil rig platforms, sunken wrecks, shrimp boats and more!
Johnston’s Sportfishing Offers Easy Access to the Beautiful Blue Waters of the Gulf Of Mexico
If you’re looking to hitch a ride out into the beautiful Gulf of Mexico for a premium fishing experience, Johnston’s Sportfishing is ready to take you off shore! We’re berthed in Freeport, TX and have been taking folks from Houston, Lake Jackson, Clute, Surfside, Sweeny, West Columbia, Galveston, Pearland and the surrounding areas on fishing expeditions since 1972.
Whether you’re headed out with a group to fish for the day or entering one of the many area tournaments, we’ll ferry you to your destination aboard the Ann’s Dream 2—our 54′ Hatteras yacht. The offshore fishing in this area of the Texas Coast is legendary for red snapper, and there’s no doubt you’ll come away with a prized catch worth showing off! We know all the best areas to fish and will gladly take you to them. We fish weed lines, oil rig platforms, sunken wrecks, shrimp boats and more!
Come and explore the best fishing charters and sport fishing in the region with Johnston’s Sportfishing! We’ll give you an experience you’re sure to enjoy—whether you’re casting your line in a tournament, for fun or surrounded by friends.
The Best Fishing Charters and Sport Fishing in Texas
The Texas Coast offers some of the best fishing in the country, and we’re ready to help you experience it! Our fishing charters are available for leisure and sport fishing, staffed by an experienced captain who knows these waters. Tell us where you want to go and what you want to catch and we’ll take you there! Some of the services we offer include:
- Big Game Tournament, Rigged: There are TONS of sport fishing tournaments throughout the area and across the Gulf Coast. We’ll take you to one so you can reel in a winner.
- Light Tackle: Ready for some light tackle fishing? We’ll charter you to some of the best spots along the Texas coast, so you can drop a lure with confidence and bring home a catch worth keeping.
- U.S. Coast Guard Approved: We’re a U.S. Coast Guard approved vessel helmed by experienced captains. We promise your safety out on the water and the peace of mind you need to relax.
- Safety Equipment: Our boat is fully stocked with safety gear, including life preservers and emergency radio equipment. We’re prepared for the worst, but have the foresight to avoid it.
- Weddings: Want to tie the knot with the scenic backdrop of the Gulf of Mexico behind you or the Texas coast to set the mood? We welcome intimate wedding parties of six or less aboard our yacht.
- Cruises: Take in the beauty and majesty of the Gulf of Mexico on one of our cruises! You’ll see beautiful horizons and plenty of fauna from a vantage point few people get to experience.
- Tournaments: Entering a smaller tournament off the Texas Coast? We charter non-rigged sport fishing entries, so you can enter with confidence. Get ready to take home first place fishing from our vessel.
- Group Charters: What better way to spend the day with a group of friends than on a fishing charter! We welcome groups of up to six people for half-, full- and multi-day tours aboard our yacht.
Experience the Best Gulf Offshore Fishing
There’s a reason anglers have chosen us for fishing charters in Texas since 1972! We make sure your experience is enjoyable, from the moment we leave the land to the moment we return, catch on-ice. Our knowledge of these local waters is unmatched, which means you can look forward to catching all types of fish:
- Billfish (Blue Marlin, White Marlin, Sailfish and Wahoo)
- Mackerel (King Fish, Spanish Mackerel and Bonito)
- Red Snapper
- Dorado (mahi-mahi)
- Ling, Amberjack and Grouper
Get your gear ready and climb aboard the Ann’s Dream 2 to experience the thrill of the best offshore fishing on the Texas Coast!
Board the Ann’s Dream 2 (54′ Hatteras)
There are plenty of fishing charters along the Texas Coast, but few of them take you out in a vessel quite as commanding as the Ann’s Dream 2—our 54’ Hatteras yacht. Captained by Ann Johnston herself, a U.S. Coast Guard approved and licensed captain, you’re in good hands aboard our vessel.
We don’t just provide you with a great boat to fish from—we also provide the amenities you need to enjoy yourself the entire time we’re out on the water. Expect an air-conditioned cabin, full electronics, full safety gear complement and anything else you might need while you’re casting your line. There is a limit of six passengers for all offshore Freeport fishing charters.
Gulf Coast Charter Pricing (From Texas)
Ready to book a fishing charter or sports fishing experience with Johnston’s Sportfishing? Take a look at our various packages and rates below. We’re ready to welcome you on the fishing charter of a lifetime!
- 5 Hour Trip (6:30am to 11:30am): $2,000.00
- 8 Hour Trip (6:30am to 2:30pm): $2,700.00 ($350.00 per hour after 8 hours)
- 1 Day Billfish Trip: $5,000.00
- 2 Day Billfish Trip: $6,500.00 (Plus 10% to 15% Gratuities)
- Leaves Port at 6:00am, Returns to Port Next Day at 5:00pm
- 2 Day Billfish Tournament: Call for Pricing
- 15% – 20% Gratuities Minimum + 10% of Winnings
** Payment is fully refundable due to bad weather or may be applied to re-booking a Freeport fishing charter at a future date. **
Big Game Tournament, Rigged
US Coast Guard Approved
Gulf Offshore Fishing for:
Please Note: Payment in full is refundable due to bad weather or may be applied to re-booking a Freeport fishing charter at a future date.
Give us a call today to experience the thrill of the best offshore fishing on the Texas Coast
Ann's Dream 2 - 54' HatTeras
Captain Ann Johnston
- Air Conditioned
- Full Electronics
- Limit 6 Passengers
Offshore Freeport Fishing
Ann's Dream 2 Charter Pricing
5 Hour Trip – 6:30am to 11:30am: $2,000.00
8 Hour Trip – 6:30am to 2:30pm: $2,700.00 ($350.00 per hour after 8 hours)
1 Day Billfish Trip: $5,000.00
2 Day Billfish Trip: $6,500.00 (Plus 10% to 15% Gratuities)
• Leaves Port at 6:00am, Returns to Port Next Day at 5:00pm
2 Day Billfish Tournament: Call for Pricing
• 15% – 20% Gratuities Minimum + 10% of Winnings